Greetings and Salutations!
Hello and thanks for visiting. For my entire career I've been creating impactful stories for brands, television, digital and everything in between. There isn't a medium or emerging technology that I don't use and that's part of the fun. Delivering an amazing story to reach the widest possible audience no matter how they choose to watch. It's a challenge, but reinventing the way we tell stories is one of most fun parts of the job.
I am my mother's son, having grown up in an Italian-American home in the Hudson Valley, NY and am equally at home prepping a meal for 25 of my friends as I am leading the creative direction of a national campaign. Much more information about me and my work is below.
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your stay!
Contact me for: Creative Strategy & Implementation / Concurrent Project Management / Branding / Communications / Operations / Budget Creation / PR / Animation / Art Direction / Video Production
Walter Biscardi, Jr. is a results driven creative media professional who utilizes video, print, web, animation and digital to deliver cohesive media messaging, storytelling and branding. Possesses practical and technical knowledge in all aspects of video, film, animation, web, print and live event production. Has been a part of multiple Emmy and Peabody Awards producing for an international broadcast and digital audience. Operates with a strong sense of urgency, confident leadership and delivers results oriented storytelling within budget and deadline every time.
Core competencies include: Creative Director, Video Producer, Creative Director, Video Editor, Post Production, Team Development and Management, Project Management, Original Content Development, Social Media, Director, Writer, Animation, Graphic Design, Color Grading, Facility Design, 4k UHD Production,
Biscardi has produced and edited programming that airs on Sesame Street, CNN, The Food Network, Cooking Channel, NBC News, ABC News, PBS and The Weather Channel among others. His corporate clientele has included IBM, The Home Depot, Kroger, Mueller Water Systems, The Carter Center and Foxwoods Resort Casino to name a few.
Most know Walter for his four seasons of work with Alton Brown on "Good Eats." Always a foodie, Walter launched WheresWalter.tv in 2017 bringing together his love to food and travel. A Featured Speaker and Trainer, Walter presents on current production techniques and technologies in the film and video industry. He is also contributing author to Lynda.com and a James Beard Award Judge.
Download my Resume Here!
Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Creative Strategy & Implementation / Concurrent Project Management / Branding / Communications Operations / Budget Creation / PR / Animation / Art Direction / Video Production
Award-winning creative executive who drives all aspects of content creation and implementation including media, video, print, and animation to deliver innovative storytelling and branding. Leads teams to high-performance delivery of products that align with business expectations. Can contribute by:
- Creating additional revenue streams
- Developing streamlined workflows, improving creative efficiencies
- Leading teams in the development of creative campaigns that ensure ROI
- Managing multiple projects at once, delivering breakthrough creative solutions
Highly-analytical and creative thinker with a strong focus on effective cross-departmental communication and workflow. Accustomed to high pressure situations, delivers top-quality, on-time and within budget solutions to meet and exceed client expectations.
Education: BS, Production for the Electronic Media, Syracuse University
CAREER HISTORY & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
GEORGIA-PACIFIC, leading manufacturer of tissue, pulp, paper, packaging, and building products with household name brands such as Brawny, Quilted Northern, and Dixie cups and tableware.
Creative Director, 2017 to Present. Directing 15+ projects concurrently, lead the conception, direction and implementation of video, animation, graphic and other internal and external marketing content to increase brand awareness, improve company communication, and generate new revenue streams. Highlights include:
Implemented agency workflow, improving departmental perception and increasing studio project pipeline. GP studios were under-valued by GP clients, operating as working studios rather than a full-service agency. Introduced agency mindset – with full client pitch process – and realigned production rates. Won $140K in internal projects previously scheduled to be outsourced, increased project pipeline with former clients.
Rebranded GP Studios as production studio for hire, producing new revenue stream for Georgia-Pacific. GP Studios has one of the largest TV/Film production studios in downtown Atlanta, but was only being used internally. Developed marketing plan, re-introducing studios to Atlanta agencies and producers. Installed additional video edit/color edit suite. Increased market awareness, renewing interest in GP Studios to outside agencies.
Identified opportunity to implement project tracking system. Corporate Communications and Government Relations Department had no SOPs in place to track project progress, resulting in duplicate work and lack of awareness at the management level. Identified new project management system and began rollout. New system will increase efficiency and eliminate redundancies.
Created a new positive image campaign to improve company perception. Georgia-Pacific is often viewed negatively by public due to operations in logging/timber and political biases. As phase I, created social media campaign and travelogue series called “We Are”, traveling the US and introducing viewers to the hardworking employees of GP, who are prideful of and actively involved in their communities.
BISCARDI CREATIVE MEDIA, award-winning media production company producing for a global audience and global clientele, focused on quality storytelling.
Creative Director, Executive Director, and Principal, 2001 to 2017. Architected the design, creation, and delivery of all media content to clients including Food Network, Cooking Channel, PBS, ABC News, Bridgestone Golf, PING, and Home Depot Racing.
Created and implemented high-definition production standards for the Food Network. Food Network was changing from Standard Definition broadcasting to High-Def. Developed workflow, creating highest quality video from production through delivery. Worked with network engineers to roll out to the rest of the network, resulting in Post Production Supervisor and HD Editor contract for Alton Brown’s “Good Eats”.
Produced animated segment for “Sesame Street” under tight deadline. Sesame Workshop needed an animation segment for a Halloween special. Developed concept storyboard, blending photographs, drawings and original elements. Hired voice artist and Grammy-nominated composer. Completed project in just two weeks, meeting Halloween deadline for Sesame Street Special.
Created ad for Jordanian Tourism Board in just 12 hours. The Jordanian Tourism Board needed an ad to debut during NBA broadcast in tight, 24-hour timeframe. Collaborated with agency producer, creating two versions in just 12 hours. Delivered to client, exceeding expectations and meeting spot deadline to air.
Co-produced, edited and directed post-production of PBS documentary showcasing a 25-year cause of President Carter. Developed look and feel with “boots on the ground” approach to allow viewer to feel more intimate with the cause. Managed production teams in Sudan and Ghana, filming over 250 hours of original footage over four-year period. Created full-length feature, garnering multiple awards and increasing global awareness of the cause.
Creative Director and Partner, ACME Digital Design, LLC, 1998 to 2001. Directed teams up to 100+ crew and budgets up to $250K. Led all editorial, motion graphics, 3D animation and live events for predominately corporate clientele including Kroger, North American Mission Board and Edwards Fine Foods.
Additional: Senior Video Editor, Primerica Financial Services; Studio Manager, Foxwoods Resort Casino; Video Editor and Producer, CNN.
Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, DaVinci Resolve, Avid Media Composer, Final Cut Pro, 4k/UHD/HD Workflows, Panasonic GH4 / DSLR Cameras, Blackmagic Design Teranex, Blackmagic Design Cameras, Showbiz Budgeting, NAS / SAN Design and Implementation, Digital Asset Management, Studio and Facility design.
- 2008 Telly Awards (5) : National recognition for achievements in Video Editing, Producing and Animation ("Good Eats" with Alton Brown)
- 2007 Peabody Award : National Recognition for my animation contribution to "Good Eats" with Alton Brown
- 2007 Telly Award "Good Eats" : National Recognition for my Animation work on "Good Eats" with Alton Brown
- 2007 Telly Award "This American Land" : National Recognition for my contribution of "This American Land" (PBS) as Producer, Editor.
- 2005 Aurora Award - Best of Show : National recognition for animation work on "Good Eats" with Alton Brown
- 2005 Aurora Awards : National Recognition for my Producing and Editorial work on a broadcast commercial for The Tennessean publication.
- 2002 Telly Awards (2) : National Recognition for my contributions to "Love Never Fails," Editor; "Finding Christ in Crises," Editor
- 2005 Telly Awards (2) : National recognition for my Producing, Editorial and motion graphics work on "Marriage" (NAMB) and "The Tennessean" broadcast commercial
- 2004 Aurora Awards Best of Show (2) : National Recognition as Best in Show in two categories: "Inner City Evangelism" Editor; "Off Center Dance Theatre" Producer, Director.
- 2004 Telly Awards (2) : National recognition for my contribution to: "Inner City Evangelism" Editor; "Powder River Basin" Editor.
- 2003 Telly Award : National Recognition for my contribution to "GMVT" (NAMB): Editor.
- 2000 SE Regional Emmy Awards : Southeastern Regional recognition as a contributor to "Salsa" (GPB); Animator
- 1999 SE Regional Emmy Awards (9) : Southeast Regional Recognition for contributing to "Salsa," (GPB), Animator
- 1996 Telly Awards (2) : National Recognition for my contribution to "An Architectural Interpretation of Foxwoods," Producer; "Tour de Chefs," Producer.
- 1993 National Emmy Award : National Recognition for my contribution to "Network Earth," (CNN/TBS) Editor, Producer
- 1994 NY Festivals Best Documentary : National Recognition for my contribution to "Guatemala, Rising from the Ruins," (CNN), Editor
- 1993 CableACE Award : National recognition as a contributor to "Network Earth" (CNN/TBS), Editor
When I'm not working you can usually find me in the kitchen or out on the patio grilling. I am my mother's son and LOVE to cook and entertain. Some of my specialities are pizza on the grill, pastas and craft cocktails.
Each Christmas Eve I host up to 24 friends and family for the annual "Feast of the Seven Fishes." A traditional southern Italian meal that was the highlight of Christmas with my family each year. My grandfather brought the tradition over from Italy and each year when the seafood sauce starts cooking, I'm taken right back to my Mom's kitchen and those feelings of comfort of joy.
If I'm not cooking I'm probably traveling with my lovely wife. We are avid cruisers and foodies who love to explore new foods and places to eat whereever we are. We love the camraderie of meeting new friends each time we sail on a cruise.
Our children are four-legged with Molly the Wonder Dog along with the cats Ernie and Bert. We love rescue animals and at one time I was on the Board of Directors of Pilots N Paws, one of the largest animal rescue groups in the United States.
My goals in life are simply to laugh and love. We all get one shot at this thing called life, so why not laugh at yourself along the way.